How to buy right laptop online?
Shopping for laptops online can be really tiring due to the availability of different options to choose from. These options make you start wondering which you should go for but with this guide, you are sure to know the important things to look out for.
1. Brand Matters: A lot of people buy laptops according to the brand name because they trust the brand. This is an important criterion because there are several top brands of laptop manufacturers out there each offering unique specifications. You can choose from these brands: HP
, Asus, Toshiba, Samsung, Apple
, and more.
2. Motherboard: This is the main component of every laptop. It is the circuitry board where all ports, connections, and more are integrated all together. There are different types of motherboards which are used in laptops, they are AT (Advance Technology) motherboard, ATX (Advance Technology eXtended) motherboard, Baby AT motherboards which is a combination of XT and AT, and XT (eXtended Technology) motherboards.
3. Microprocessor: There are several components that make up the laptop technology, one of the most important is the microprocessor also known as CPU or processor. This is a multi-purpose, register based, a clock driven programmable device that is inserted into the motherboard which accepts digital or binary data as input, processes it according to instructions stored in its memory. They basically operate on numbers and symbols at the binary level of the numerical system. In decided which laptop to buy, you should consider the processor clock speed which is measured in Gigahertz.
4. Random Access Memory: This is represented as RAM. It is a volatile memory unit of the laptop that helps store instruction and operations temporarily as long as the laptop is on. Once the laptop is turned off, it loses every information in its memory. It works hand in hand with the processor especially during booting, the OS of the system is loaded into the RAM along with other programs and files. It is usually measured in Gigabytes. A minimum of 4GB RAM should be what you should consider when choosing a suitable laptop.
5. Internal Storage Memory: New generation laptops now come with two options of the internal storage unit which are HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and SSD (Solid State Drive). The SSD is the successor to the HDD with much more improved speed and functionality. Especially during booting, the SSD boots up to 10 times faster than the HDD. But it doesn’t support enough capacity space as much as the HDD but with technological advancement, it will definitely get there. For a suitable laptop, you should select ones with both storage unit. It is usually measured in Gigabytes. For the HDD, a minimum of 500GB should be considered and for the SSD, a minimum of 128GB should be considered.
6. Connectivity: This includes ports and wireless technology such as Bluetooth which must be present. Most especially the USB ports, it is advisable to stick to laptops with a minimum of 3 USB ports for connecting peripherals such as mouse, keyboards, speakers and more. Also, Bluetooth connection for sharing and transferring files and documents, also for pairing with other Bluetooth-enabled devices. Wi-Fi card is also an important feature to look out for. This enables you to connect to wireless networks in order to surf the web, access your social media accounts, stream live videos and music, and so much more.