Handset can be seen everywhere in our daily life, almost everyone hold with a phone, no matte they are walking, eating, sitting and even resting on the bed, that means mobile phone plays a very important role of changing our life in many ways, as for we can do almost everything with one mobile phone. Mobile phone becomes indispensable parts of our life is inevitable, for most people, without a mobile phone means no fun, no sense of security, nothing to do, etc. So what is the smartphone market place in the worldwide now?
Worldwide Smartphone ranking in Q2 2018 (according to IDC)
From the chart showed above, we can get
- Samsung still keeps the leader in the worldwide with leading edge.
- Huawei takes the second position in the world that surpass the Apple in 2Q 2018.
- Chinese mobile phone brands – Huawei, Xiaomi, and OPPO have great behavior in 2Q 2018 market share, total take 33.7% market share, and each one has
almost 45% change year-over-year.
- There is an increasingly heated battle in the global smartphone market of China.
When talks about worldwide, what we cannot ignore is Africa - a continent with 1.2 billion people as of 2016, it accounts for about 16% of the world's human population, it is certainly that there are more population until now, and as for the mobile phone market, it also has great development potential. Now the Africa becomes the fastest growing mobile market, who take over the African mobile phone market, there will be many business chance. Now, let’s have a look of the recently mobile phone market in Africa.
From these two charts above, we can find the Transsion is going to take over the smartphone market in Africa. Let’s have a look for popular mobile phone market.
In African mobile phone market, Chinese brand – Transsion has the prominent position in African mobile phone market, it takes above 50% market share from 2017 survey. Transsion owns four mobile brands, TECNO, itel, Infinix and Spice.
1. Tecno phone: Established in July, 2006. In 2010, TECNO sales ranked among the top 3 in the African mobile phone market. And from then on, the Tecno always keep great market share in Africa. The latest Tecno phone is Tecno Phantom 8 Smartphone that released on April, 2018.
Some specification of the Tecno phantom 8:
|Processor (Clock)||Deca-Core 2x2.0GHz ARM|
|Internal Storage|| 64GB|
|Screen (Size & Type)|| 5.7 inches FHD display|
|OS Version||HiOS (Android 7.0)|
|Price in Kilimall||KSh 30,490 Buy Now|
2. itel phone: Established in 2007. After more than 10 years’ development, itel has expanded its presence in around 40 emerging markets globally. And now, it posses three series, Selfie series, Max Power series, and basic series.
3. Infinix Phone：Launched in 2013 and targeting the young generations.
Infinix has a presence in more than 30 countries around the world, covering Africa, Latin America, the Middle East, Southeast
Asia and South Asia.
See more Infinix phones >>
It always keep the leader in the worldwide, but in Africa, it just takes a
little market place. Taken together, Samsung phone has great quality and
appearance. The reason that is not very popular is may because of the price.
Huawei: a quickly developed China mobile
brand. It takes some great place in both worldwide and Africa. The most
important is the quality and price is very well.
OPPO: This is a young brand from China. The most features of this brand is the pixel and tone quality.
- Other brands: The market share of other brands decrease gradually.
According to an upcoming report from telecommunications supplier Ericsson. Mobile broadband subscriptions are forecast to grow by 16% a year to 880 million by 2023 from 350 million today.
To be truth, the mobile phone really take much convenient for us.
Above all are some popular mobile phone brands in African mobile phone market. It is not certainly that no other mobile brands will come forth, if the phone has great quality and price.